Thursday, January 28, 2010

Another week....

This week was okay but nothing spectacular. Thanks to my poker buddy Kelli I discovered a fun tournament on Pokerstars and I've played in it 3 times this week with one cash. It's a quintuple 4 max shootout with a $2.20 buy-in and I really enjoy playing it.

On Tuesday we had our first ladies poker study group and it went really well. We have a really great group and I think we will all learn a lot from each other over the weeks to come. We spent the first few minutes getting all the software set up and running. We then took a few minutes and went over a turbo sit-n-go I had played earlier. I don't know how educational it was because I had run insanely good throughout the entire game but I think we did hit on a few points that helped each of us.

The PokerVT guys did their study group last night and I was on with them to help them get up and running. They are a really great group of guys and I might have to crash their sessions from time to time because I think they will sometimes be covering cash games and I'm the only one in our ladies group that plays any cash.

I would so recommend PokerVT to anyone who is serious at getting better at poker. The pro instructors there are really great and interact a lot with all the members in the forum and in the Sunday member game on Pokerstars. I have been a member for about 8 months and it's amazing how much I've learned and how much my game has improved. I have also met numerous great people through the forum and I really enjoy discussing poker with them. Our final game of the 12 week +EV series is this Sunday and I am so happy to have qualified to play. I really can hardly wait.

This Tuesday we also started playing a private game on Full Tilt and it was really fun playing with 7 other nitty PokerVT players. It's so different playing people who have a clue than the usual donks you find in most games. It's funny when someone posts on the forum saying they think they could win more if they were playing good players instead donks, yeah right. I remember thinking the same thing when I first joined PVT. Give me fish and donkeys any day instead of a bunch of nits who know what they're doing.

Tommy's sister is off the ventilator and improving daily but she still has a long week ahead of her. Tommy is having his surgery on February 10 so I will off a few days with him.

I've played a little rush poker on Full Tilt, what a weird way to play cash. The first couple of session cost me a little but last couple weren't too bad. As long as you play super nitty ABC poker you should be able to make money.

Technology is amazing! It's so cool to be able to talk to people all over the world and share one computer screen and talk about poker. Reminds me of the Jetsons. Jane stop this crazy thing.....

[IMG]http://i49.tinypic.com/jhvwc4.jpg[/IMG]


No comments:

Post a Comment