Sunday, January 1, 2012

Happy New Year!

Here's to a better and more prosperous 2012.

One of the poker forums I participate in has a new thread "Best moment of 2011", only one person has posted so far and the thread was started on December 27th. Unfortunately, at least for U.S. online poker players 2011 was anything but a great year. I've honestly tried to reply to the thread a few times but just can't come up with much. I did win a couple of MTTs with over 300 players on Merge and had quite a few final tables and overall my game, mindset and thought process has improved quite a bit but it's just hard to say those things would qualify as a best moment. So that said I'm hoping for several best moments in 2012. Hopefully I'm due for some.

As for legislation, the DOJ statement on the Wire Act applying only to sports betting, while not as big a deal as some people thing it is imo, is at least a step in the right direction as far as hopefully getting some online poker legislation started in the U.S. You can read more about it here.

On a bit of weird note, I seem to have picked up an obsessive hater. It's pretty weird actually since this person has only played about 91 tournaments and 1600 hands of mostly limit holdem cash on PokerStars and really played nothing I even played. I must have pissed her off in some game on Merge but I have no idea what her username on Merge is so I have no idea what/where it was. She (I'm assuming she since I referred to her as dude and she replied saying she wasn't a dude) left me a nasty message on Poker Table Ratings on my Merge username rating page, to which I replied with an apology for whatever is was I did. She said I berated someone, her I'm assuming, which I admit to very rarely but occasionally saying something to a very few people in chat but usually only as a reply to something said to me and I try my best not to since it's really dumb and inexcusable but we all have bad days once in awhile. She has continued to reply back with really outrageous statements, foul language and name calling, even after I apologized initially. She has obviously googled me and found this blog and other information about me since she mentioned these things in her crazy replies. I made the mistake of replying back to her a few times but I really wish I hadn't. I have no idea what in the world I did to this nut but no more than she plays I couldn't of run into her on more than couple of occasions. I've reported her to PTR and asked that she be banned from posting anymore on my ratings page and I informed her that I had done this. She's obviously a bit unbalanced or just extremely young and immature but damn how nuts this is! As they say haters gonna hate!

Well I hope everyone has a great 2012! Good luck at whatever you pursue!

No comments:

Post a Comment