Saturday, March 20, 2010

Well the screen print sums it up! What a nice win! I played really solid in this game, well in the early stages not so much. I had a really hard time accumulating chips early on and barely hung on by a very thin thread. I made it into the money with a way below average chip stack but then picked off some really nice pots and it was all uphill after that.

The game took over 6 long hours to finish and I thought we were never going to get to heads up after we got down to 3 players. The guy who went out in 3rd was a total calling station donkey and I have no idea how he made it that far but he kept hanging on like the freaking energizer bunny.

Heads up was grueling and the guy I was playing took me for 2/3 of my stack with a higher end of a straight but I managed to win my chips back and took it down. I think he kind of gave up after I got my chips back because he wanted to chop but I worked too hard at that game not to have an outright win.

I posted my great run on the Rail Me section of the PokerVT forum and several of the guys (and girls) were railing me and boosting me on in the forum post. For some reason Pokerstars turns off observer chat during the final table of some games and this was one of them so the PVT guys couldn't root me on in chat. What a great group of people the PVT forum guys (and girls) are! It's worth the month subscription price just for the forum. Of course the videos are why I'm now able to take down a tournament like this in the first place. Anyone serious about improving their poker game should join PokerVT. They will never regret it.

Well my the flop be with you and me...

No comments:

Post a Comment