Sunday, March 7, 2010

March Madness - yes very mad maddess...

March started out pretty well until Saturday which was anything but great. I had my biggest losing day in the last 34 or more. Today was an improvement but didn't come close to making up for yesterday.

I played in 3 of Derk's (Derek Williams - PokerVT pro) sngs today and managed to finished 3rd in one and 6th in the other two and didn't embarrass myself as badly as last Sunday.

I think one of the worse things about playing poker is how hard it is to beat variance and break through and really win consistently. It seems like about the time you start to get ahead and show a small profit variance pops up and kicks your butt. It's a daily grind and competition gets tougher and tougher. Weekends are particularly horrible since the weekend donkeys come out in droves. Sometimes this is great and other times they just seem to get rewarded for all their horrible play.

Well enough whining! Tommy goes back to work tomorrow and I'm so glad. He was getting really bored having to stay around the house and I'll be glad to get back to a normal routine.

No comments:

Post a Comment