Monday, February 13, 2012

Cash games - one month in...

Yesterday was one month since I started trying to grind up $11 on Carbon playing cash games. I have to say it's gone way better than I expected. I've tried a few MTTs here and there but I'm enjoying cash so much more now that I can't wait for the MTTs to be over so that I can get back to the cash games.

I have a confession, I wasn't going to move to 10NL until I had 20 buy ins but I got so bored with 4NL that I moved up at around 13 buy ins. I set a strict stop loss for myself of a 1 to 2 buy in loss to have to drop back and so far so good. My Carbon roll is now $188 so I'm almost to the 20 buy ins. Hopefully one or two more sessions and I'll be there.

Of course I've been lucky and running pretty well at 10NL so I'm really keeping my figures crossed that the run good continues for awhile longer. Of course it's poker and bad variance could be just around the corner.

I've been reading Jared Tendler's The Mental Game of Poker and it's great! I've also tried to watch some cash game videos and I've found a few good ones on Drag the Bar. I'm also following Jared's advice and reviewing after each session while the hands are fresh in my mind and I'm finding that it really helps to pin point leaks and such.

Getting in decent volume is still my worse hurdle. As you can see from the graph over the last 30 days I've only gotten in a little over 16,000 hands. So my goal for this week is a minimum of 7,500 hands between now and next Saturday at midnight. I'm going to have to really push myself to keep from being lazy but hopefully I can do it.

Well here's to volume and continued run good.

No comments:

Post a Comment