Thursday, March 24, 2011

As anyone who plays poker will attest to poker can be a brutal game with some brutal beats. Some days are so stressful and despite your best efforts nothing seems to go right. Other days every flip goes your way. I'd like to say I'm getting more and more used to it but I doubt that's the truth. I don't know if I'll ever totally get used to the stress and the tilt and the bad beats that seems so unfair. I'll continue to play and to try to improve and detach emotions from my game as much as I can but it's not easy.

I've had a really good month so far actually. I finished 7th in the $11r $50K for a nice 4 figure sum. I also had a deep run in two MTTs on Full Tilt and I accomplished something I've tried for ages to accomplish and oddly enough never have and that is I won a $6.50 90 man KO. So odd, I've had every final table finish several different times but I never managed to win one. I've won several 180 man MTSNGs on PokerStars and even a 1000 runner MTT on Stars but for some reason the 90 KOs alluded me until Monday night. I reached the final table in 9th place with less than 10 bbs and just sat patiently and waited for the right spots and finally got to the final three. I went into heads up with a 4 to 1 chip disadvantage but managed to take it down. My 7th place finish in the $11r was exciting and so was my 4th place finish in the $1r 6 max $2K but honestly I was more excited about finally winning a 90 KO. I think because I tried unsuccessfully for so long.

Well the month is almost over and this Sunday PokerStars is bringing back the Sunday Women's $55 with a new $5K guarantee and it will be nice to play with the ladies again. This is also Turbo Takedown Sunday and since the ladies game starts at 1:00 pm est I might take a shot at the Sunday Warm Up.

Well on to more pokering.


No comments:

Post a Comment