Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Girls Rule!!!

Well I have to say after two months of runbad February was much improved. I finished the month up in tournaments and in cash. Yes I said in cash, I'll discuss this little wrinkle later on. As anyone who knows anything about me and poker knows, up and cash games are not usually found in the same sentence where I'm concerned but more about that later (cliffhanger...).

In February I participated in a $4.40 180 man challenge (games were played on PokerStars) through Full Contact Poker (www.fullcontactpoker.com). You could either go for it alone or have a partner. I choose to have a partner, my friend Rose. There were 14 teams for a total of 22 participants competing. All were men except Rose and I , thus the title of this post. Well to make a long story short (aren't you thankful) Rose and I won. We will each receive $225 for our efforts. Each team or individual had to complete 30 games and the top 25 counted. I played 19 and Rose played 11. Our total score was 666 (too funny huh?). Many of the guys are great players and beating them was no easy feat. Needless to say this win did wonders for my attitude after two months of runbad.

Now for the part about cash games. Eight days ago I decided to give 50NL (.25/.50) full ring cash games a try. Previously, and unsuccessfully, I had played 6 max cash games and done rather poorly. Well so far I have played 5,383 hands with a winrate of 5.81BB/100 and a $312.90 profit. I am simply amazed! I am actually enjoying playing cash games online and winning some, will wonders never cease. While a small sample size of 5,383 hands is not enough to really say I'm a winning cash game player at least it's a step in the right direction. I could just be on one hell of a heater but let's hope not or at least hope it last awhile. As you will see in the graph below I have been running a bit above EV.



Well hopefully my next update won't be about cash games going straight to hell. Until later, may the flop be with you.

1 comment:

  1. Looking Good! Keep it up. I tend to enjoy playing cash games a bit more than sit n gos and mtt's. That said, the Sit n go's and MTT's have kept me afloat as I learn this crazy game of Poker.

    ReplyDelete