Sunday, March 13, 2011

Moving on up....

Just finished a bit over 10K hands of cash since starting back to playing cash. After several fairly successful days of full ring cash games I stupidly decided to try 6 max, bad idea! I lost some money but still managed to stay in the black and maintain a positive BB/100.

Today I switched back to full ring and my first session of 562 hands went really well with a $108 profit. Full ring is so much less aggressive and softer than 6 max. The variance is very obviously lower. I seem to stress out and tilt much less at full ring. So full ring it is for now.

I like the faster pace of 6 max but I just don't do as well and tend to run into more decent opponents than I do in full ring. Another thing is I can play 6 tables of full ring pretty easily but I can only comfortably handle 4 tables of 6 max. So while 6 max moves faster with the 2 extra tables of full ring I think my hands per hour are about the same.

I've still played some MTTs and SNGs with mixed results. After playing cash where I can take a break whenever I please and stop and start my sessions when I want it's tough to be tied down to a tournament. I also get more stressed out in tournaments. I'll still continue to play some but I'm really going to concentrate on my cash game for now. I would love to get in another 10K hands by next Sunday but that will take some work and commitment. If I try hard I should be able to do it.

Well enough for now, next update at 20K hands.


No comments:

Post a Comment