Monday, January 3, 2011

Goodbye 2010, Hello 2011


Well my first full year of playing poker for real money has come to an end and overall I can't complain. In March I won my first (and unfortunately last for the year) big field MTT when I took down the $4.40 4 max for $640. After a slight losing month in April I continued to finish each month with a profit until last month where I finished slightly in the red.

I've learned a lot this year and my game has improved considerably. I'm certainly not where I hope to be by this time next year but hopefully I will continue to win more and more. Poker is a never ending challenge and online poker is truly challenging. I've had moments where I just wanted to quit and moments where I never wanted to quit when things were going so well. Poker is tough roller coaster to ride but hopefully the end results will make the uphill climb well worth the struggle.

I've made some truly great poker friends and found a great support network of fellow players. I can't stress more how important it is to find others to share your love of poker with and to bounce hands and plays off of. Thanks to everyone who's made this year so great with your friendship and support.

In a few days I'll post my goals for 2011 and for this month. Right now I'm taking a bit of a break to decide which game to stick with. This has been a constant battle for me and one of the biggest hindrances to my success in poker. I truly believe specialization is the best way to become a good player but I've just struggled with finding the game for me.

Good luck to everyone in 2011! May all your poker dreams come true.





No comments:

Post a Comment