Friday, January 7, 2011

Bankroll Challenges

Grayson Physioc aka Spacegravy is working on a $100 bankroll challenge and doing videos on his journey for PokerVT. This made me curious about my own past bankroll issues so I looked back at one of my own from last year. I was curious about how I did it and what I played so went through my PT3 to find the results.

On February 1, 2010 I was totally broke on PokerStars, I had been playing on there since August 2009 and I had done nothing but lose. I was fed up and frustrated so I declared to make my last deposit and I only deposited $30. I started winning and by the end of March I had turned $30 into $1098 and I haven't deposited since.

I just looked back through my games to see what I played and I started out with a few $1 45s and quickly moved to a combination of $3.40 9 and 10 man sngs, $3.25 45s, $2.20 180s and some $3.30 27s. I played mostly these for the first month and by the end of February my bankroll on Stars was up to $372.

In March I started adding in some $5.50 27s and 18s and an occasional $4.40 180 and continued to win. On March 19 I played the $4.40 4 max 1000 cap MTT and won it for $640. This was a very nice bankroll booster and I ended March with a bankroll up to $1098. I withdrew $500 in April for a trip to Tunica for some live poker where I won about $1000.

I owe a tremedous amount of my success in poker to PokerVT and the pros there. PokerVT is hands down the best tournament training site online.

While anyone will notice I didn't practice traditional bankroll management guidelines during these two months but the way I did it worked for me. I also didn't get in a large volume of games either. At that time I typically played only 3 tables at a time.

With patience, discipline and perseverance anyone can turn $30 into $1000 in poker if you're willing to learn.

Graphs and charts of winnings below:

No comments:

Post a Comment