Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Well the Chihuahua is still winning...






And I'm still pushing forward. Part of the problem is I've been playing a lot of MTTs and in MTTs the variance is so much worse than MTsng and STsng variance. I have now switched back to what I know and what I'm good at, multi and single table sit-n-goes. I will limit my MTT play to one day per week from this point forward and I will play only 27 and 45 man sngs with a few 6 max single table games thrown in when I don't have time for the 27 or 45 man games. I will also stick to the $3.40 buy ins.

I made my first withdrawal from Pokerstars on Friday and it's nice to reap some of my profit. It only took 1 business day to reach my account.

This morning I was thinking things like well maybe I wasn't really playing any better in February and March, maybe I was just running good and now that I'm running bad I'm going to lose everything I've won. Well this is a bunch of bull! I am definitely playing better and I'm just running bad and it's mostly because I departed from what I do best, smaller MTsngs.

I saw a video of a Michael Jordon commercial for Nike on another poker players blog last week and it was a great message, to succeed we must endure failure. In poker we endure failure on a daily basis. The wins don't come easy and they don't come without hard work and perseverance. They also don't come if we feel sorry for ourselves and give up. The only way the wins come is through pushing on and working through the failures.

Well this has turned into yet another blog of talking about pushing on so for the one or two people who may read this, sorry for being redundant.

On another subject, whew finally, I'm going to have a break from online poker starting on Thursday of this weekend through Tuesday of the following week. My daughter is going to Germany on Wednesday and my husband and I are heading to Tunica on Thursday for 5 nights. Live poker with live fish, yehaw! I can hardly wait! I love the Gold Strike and Horseshoe poker rooms. They both always have great games running with the worst/best fish around. Hopefully I will take down a few nice pots, wish me luck!

Well TTFN!

No comments:

Post a Comment