Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Ha!

Well January ended like a bomb, and I mean the bad kind. The PokerVT final did not go well at all. You know for players who are supposed to have a clue how to play poker they really can make some really stupid plays. I was in late middle position with AJ and raised 3x the bb, one guy who I've played with quite a bit calls me from either the sb or bb but definitely out of position. I flop a jack and raise and he calls, the turn puts 3 spades on the board, I raise and he calls. Well to make a long story short we get to show down and he turns over Q4 of spades for a flush. I couldn't believe he actually called a raise out of position with a crappy hand like that. That dude needs to watch some videos on PVT.

Anyway the whole day was just awful. Today I took a vacation day and stayed home intending to get some work around the house done but all I managed to do was some laundry but it was nice having the day off. Poker went pretty well too. I was in the money in about 75% of the games I played and finished the evening on Stars and Full Tilt with my balance up a bit.

I've made some goals for February:

Play at least 10 - 15 sngs per day - for a total of 300 for the month
Play at least 3 - 4 mtts per week - for a total of 12 - 15 for the month
Work on successfully playing 4 tables at times
Make silver status on Stars thus clearing my deposit bonus
Study poker at least 1.5 hours per day
Be more disciplined with my bankroll management

So hopefully I can accomplish these goals or at least come close.

No comments:

Post a Comment