Friday, February 5, 2010

One step forward and two steps back

Well as usual I have one really good day at poker followed by one pretty bad day. I wish I could figure out why this always seems to happen. I rarely have more than one or two winning days in a row and I know some of it is just normal variance and some is due to mistakes I'm still making in my game. I've really got to identify my leaks and get them plugged.

It's also hard playing poker with limit time and an even more limited bankroll. The old adage "it takes money to make money" is more true in online poker than any other area. Using proper bankroll management I am stuck playing the low stakes with low payouts so my hourly rate is very low. This just gets frustrating at times but I know in the long run I'll be a better player for it.

Starting this weekend I going to start spending more time analyzing my play and running through my games using the replayer and try my best to see where I'm making the biggest mistakes.

On another note my Mom and I were planning on going to Harrah's Cherokee this weekend but the weather is going to be really bad with snow and ice so we had to cancel. I was really looking forward to playing on the digital poker tables but it will have to wait until later.

Well maybe my next post will be a big brag instead of a whine.

No comments:

Post a Comment