Sunday, July 7, 2013

Mad World



I've made it one week. A few times I've had the desire to play but lost it pretty fast. I've been watching the WSOP coverage all week and even that hasn't motivated me to play. I thought about playing a little today but Sundays are way too soul crushing when things go badly so I decided against it.

I have however discovered Open Face Chinese Poker and I definitely see what all the buzz is about. It's a great fun game. I've only been playing on the Android ap but I really can't wait to play for some real money. That is after I get it figured out. It's some sick fun though.

I'll be doing some serious job hunting this week. I'd love to find some really good temporary fill in type work because I really don't want to be tied down to a regular job. So hopefully I can find something that suits me.

I might try to play a bit this coming week and then again I might not.

Good luck to everyone playing the WSOP main event.

1 comment:

  1. Good luck in your search and best wishes. Take a break and build an enjoyment bankroll up for a single monthly tourney and some $1-3 NL cash game. I specify this as enjoyment income because it does not have the same BR requirements as a Professional BR. With Enjoyment BR it's okay to take a shot and play in back-to-back $550's one weekend and put the rest in a single buyin at the $2-5 table. If your a pro, you have to have 20x the buyin before you can even play, blah blah blah. You know I'm not a pro and will never be one. The stability of a job, even part time, supplemented by a weekend a month at the cash games is nice. This weekend we went for two nights, $52 a night room, enjoyed the pool, spent only $24 on food, and I played for 11 hours (6 hours and 5 hours) and we profited by $678.

    You are far better at on-line than I ever was, but it is just not the answer.

    Since I lost my electronic records, I only have numbers since October 2012. Since October 2012, I have profited in live cash games $6788, profiting 53% of the time. This number would be a lot higher if I would get up at the 8 hour mark regardless of outcome. In live tournaments however, since October I have losses of -$6319 cashing with profit only twice for roughly 5%. Granted, 2013 WSOP satellites and events and other LV tourneys totaled -$4625 in buyins. I wanted to go and take a shot, I played well, but didn't get there.

    Best of luck and wait until the game is calling you back.

    James (Congrieve)

    ReplyDelete