Friday, August 6, 2010

Lady Luck

Well things have really turned around for me lately. I'm almost afraid to say anything for fear that I will jinx myself. In truth I think I'm just playing better. A few things seem to have clicked with me lately and my mental attitude has improved as well. I am winning flips more often it seems but I lose plenty as well and those damn pocket kings aren't running much better but overall I think I can attribute my upswing to better play.

I actually posted goals for August and I have every intention of achieving these goals. They are:
  • Play 150 45 man turbos on Stars ($3.25 and/or $6.50)
  • Play 150 9 man super turbos on FTP ($2.15 and/or $5.50)
  • Play 100 180s on Stars ($2.20s, $3.30r and/or $7.70)
  • Play 50 additional games
  • Total volume 450 games
  • Finish the month with a positive ROI on Stars and FTP
  • Get my silver status back on Stars
  • Most importantly RUN GOOD!!!
Last night was terrific! I shipped two 6.50 45 man sit-n-goes and had another 6th place finish and another final table where I finished in 9th in 45s. As for the later two, I think I would have finished higher in the 6th place game and at least cashed in the 9th place game but the wireless capability on my laptop went out at very crucial moments and I lost tons of chips while I was rebooting.

My bankroll is starting look pretty nice again after dipping way past the point of no return so hopefully it's all uphill from here.







1 comment: