Thursday, August 26, 2010

The big knock out!

Yep that's right I knocked out Chris Moneymaker in a Triple Stud tournament on Pokerstars tonight. It was my first time playing triple stud which is a new mixed game Pokerstars just started running. It's basically H.O.R.S.E. without the holdem and omaha rounds, or as a poker friend of mine said, it's H.O.R.S.E. without the balls, lol.

Now no matter what the circumstances are, knocking out a big name pro is exciting and definitely allows some bragging rights. However, I have to say he was down to only 250 or so chips so it certainly wasn't like I outplayed him or anything. But knocking out a pro is still knocking out a pro. The fact that it was Chris Moneymaker i.e. "the Moneymaker effect" makes this all the more sweet.

As for the triple stud tournament it was great fun and moved surprisingly fast. It was also a very nice and welcome break from holdem. I ended up finishing 7th out of 79 runners for a small cash. I will definitely be playing this game again.

1 comment:

  1. Do you get any sort of bounty for knocking him out like you do on Full Tilt?

    ReplyDelete