Tuesday, June 1, 2010

May's end and climb up from the pit of despair...





Well April showers didn't bring May flowers so that has to mean that the flowers in my fields are all late bloomers and June will be a banner month so I'm really excited. That's just how you have to look at it in poker.

My volume was better but I still had a loosing month overall but I will not despair. I did pretty well meeting my goals and that's half the battle. I know that if I play solid poker, study, review my play and put in the volume I will come out a winner in long run.

In the long run is a phrase often heard regarding poker. Why is that, you may ask? It is because poker is about volume and end results. Two months of running somewhat bad are nothing in the grand scheme of things, after all that was only over 300 hands each month and only 600 total and that is nothing in the poker world.

Did I see improvements in game? Absolutely! I made less stupid mistakes and I almost never tilted. I posted only two times in the bad beat section on the PokerVT forum and one of those was just because the hand was pretty hilarious. My AK 10bb shove from MP1 actually got called by a big stack moron in the CO with 5 7 offsuit and he won the hand with a pair of 5s. I really actually laughed when this one happened. The best thing is this fish thinks that was a good play and I hope I'm his opponent when he does it again.

As for May goals here are the results:

Play 150 45 man $3.25s and win the prop bet - hit 100 and took 2nd place in the prop bet
Play 200 other games for 350 total -
complete
maintain a positive ROI -
finished at 18% for all games and 7% for sngs
review more hands -
really need to work on this one
study more -
ditto still need to do more
maintain silver star status -
already completed
get better at 4 tabling -
mastered 4 tabling and about ready to move up to 6

As for June goals here they are:

Play 500 games - mostly on Stars with a few on FTP
Maintain a positive ROI
Pick a game and stick with it
Stop making stupid mistakes
Finally purchase sng wizard and use it (that's right I don't currently have it and it shows IMO)
Successfully play 8 tables per session by the end of June
Most importantly RUN BETTER or PLAY BETTER - whichever one is causing the problems
Stay away from the cash tables

Well onward and upward and NEVER SAY DIE!!!

3 comments:

  1. So the question is, after having yet another losing month do you accept that you are a losing player? Or do you just keep plugging along saying that volume will eventually make you a profit? Reminds me of an old SNL skit about a "bank" that Only Made Change (no loans, not deposits, they only made change). When asked how they made a profit their answer was simple.......volume. Stay strong DD.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This month will be better Dixie. I can feel it. If you stick to a game this month you will beat it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't think I'm a losing player but I think losing has affected my play and the effects from this are making me a losing player at the moment. I also know that volume has a lot to do with winning. I know and understand the concepts and if I just get in the volume and apply the concepts properly I will win "in the long run".

    ReplyDelete