Tuesday, March 4, 2014

It's March Again...




Well with the exception of last year since 2009 March has always been my best poker month of the year. Last year it was one of my worst, if not my very worst month of the year. Here is a recap of all my Marches since I started playing.


March 2009 - My first real money cash for $645 on Players Only in the $250K guarantee where I finished 49th out of 909. I was such a huge fish back then. I went through this hand history awhile back and found it hilarious.

March 2010 - My first MTT win on PokerStars in the 1000 cap $4.40 4 max 2K guarantee. I talked about this one a bit in this post. Again I was still quite the fish but not quite as big of one as the previous year. I made some more money this month and made my first withdrawal in early April.

March 2011 - My first 4 figure cash and large MTT final table on PokerStars in the $11r $50K guarantee for $1541. It was all uphill from there and finished the month with my biggest profit ever which I believe was at least $4K. Unfortunately two weeks later Black Friday happened :(

March 2012 - My biggest cash and most profitable month to date. I finished 3rd out of over 2600 runners in the Poker Maximus Event 23 for $6,600 and had a profit of over $8K by the end of the month. 

March 2013 - Down -$3400 and biggest cash the entire month was only $730. I only made 8 final tables and out of those only 3 were tops 3s and they were all 3rds. 

So.....

March 2014 - Here's to hoping the March rungood returns

It's so time for that long overdue 5 figure cash! In all honestly though there is no DUE in poker. It is what it is and the cards fall as they fall, I'm just hoping they fall a little better for me this March than last. 

I know my mental state is much better than it was last March. I didn't even realize it at the time but I was in a pretty bad frame of mind. I wasn't really happy with a lot of things at that time and I'm sure it had an affect on my play. 

It's so different now and my attitude in general is so different. I know when we choose to play this game we are going to lose a large majority of the time. I now have a great backer who seems to really care about his horses and not just how much money they can make for him. I really want to win and improve. I still have tons to work on especially mental game wise but things are coming together well. 

Good luck to all, let's make this a great month. 

No comments:

Post a Comment