Thursday, May 6, 2010

Life is like poker, both deal you bad beats...

and you have two choices either suck it up and persevere or give up! I choose in both cases to persevere! I've often said poker isn't for the depressed or bi-polar person. The ups and downs are huge and they can really get to you if you don't have the right mental attitude. How do you manage to blow it off? Volume, volume and more volume! Why? Because the more tables you play the less you notice the variance and more your volume makes up for it.

I've been playing 3 to 4 tables and thought I needed to see them all so I tiled them. I am beginning to think I should stack them. The benefits of stacking are numerous.

1. I make plays and then before I can watch myself getting sucked out on another table pops in front of that one so I miss the suckout and using table ninja the table just closes and I don't have to suffer over the beat.
2. I can play at least 6 tables thus increasing my volume and reducing the overall variance.
3. With more going on I am less likely to make stupid plays out of sheer boredom.

So I'm going to try stacking and see how it goes.

I am also in a prop bet to play 150 45 man games this month and whoever makes the most profit over the 150 games wins. This should make me stick to one game for a while instead of bouncing around so much.

Okay now I'll talk about April results. April was pretty awful!

April Goals:

Play 100 27 man MTSNGS with a decent profit and ROI not quite
Play 100 other MTSNGS with a decent profit and ROI - yes
Play 100 STSNGS with a decent profit and ROI - yes
Play 15 MTTs - yes
Maintain silver star status - yes
Study 10 hours per week - not quite
Review at least one hand history per day - nope failed miserably

Barely broke even for April.

I'll do a post for May soon but that's all for now folks

1 comment:

  1. Correction to this post - poker is such bullshit and I am getting so sick of running like dog crap! Okay had to vent - I'm better now!

    ReplyDelete