Sunday, October 16, 2011

It's good to run good!

After over five months of running consistently below EV I decided to take some time off from poker. Best thing I ever did! I took three weeks off and only played a few sit-n-goes to keep up my skill at multi-tabling. I didn't play any MTTs or cash games during this time. Breaks are good! I took the time to re-evaluate my game and my mindset. I didn't start playing again until I really found the desire to play again. That desire hit me about Wednesday of last week.

On Thursday I finished 2nd in the $3r $5.5K GTD for $770 then continued to make several other final tables. Tonight I took down the $16.50 $5K GTD for $1025. This was my first win on Merge for over $1K and it certainly feels nice.

On a side note, the above graph is earnings from zero. I won $100 in the Hero freeroll in May and I've never made a deposit. (and Chad Hills wonders why I support this money losing vice, see below.) Next stop $5K.

While Black Friday really sucked I have to say I'm not sure I would have put as much work on my game had I been able to continue playing on PokerStars, well as long as I kept winning like I was. Due to the stiffer competition on Merge since Black Friday it's been necessary to step up my game quite a bit. In the long run this is good and I feel I'm a better player because of it.

On another note, Chad Hills with focus on the family is such a self righteous ass! I commented on one of his blogs about online poker and he responded by making an insinuation that he's looked up my stats on Sharkscope and made it sound like I was a losing player. I quote: "I even looked your “handles” up on the SharkScope.com site to see how successful you’ve been in online poker, and I was left wondering why you support this money-losing vice?" Can you believe it? He's basically lying to make his case more believable. If he looked up my stats he saw where I had won but he makes it sound like I was losing. He goes on to talk about how so many that comment on his blog make out like they are winning players when they are not. I got so tilted over this I took out my frustrations on the virtual felt and the $5K take down was the result :-) If heaven is full of fools like him they can have it!!! Well he's an insignificant piece of crap as far as I'm concerned!

Until we meet again may we all continue to run good and win lots! Don't forget to do your part for online poker legislation! We need it if for no other reason than to spite the self righteous assholes!

No comments:

Post a Comment